About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

H is for Heinrichsen

Right, after all that crappy old text-only stuff imported from the now defunct 'manufacturers listings' blog, I better load something to look at before I climb the wooden hill to bed'fordshire! Those waiting for Detail Germans will have to wait a little longer, I haven't sorted the images out yet.

I bought this the other day, it's a late set in a cardboard box, the earlier ones being in thin wooden oval containers. The box is OK, it has an English label over-stuck and some dealers illegible scribbling but is solid and seems to contain the right packing straw. However I'm not so sure of the contents, it's supposed to be a medics set, yet contains only casualties (one of whom is definitely dead!) and er...two cows!

And they are just the pieces that seem to be Heinrichsen (same bases/paint), there are a whole bunch of more problematical figures (below), while there are no medics, doctors, surgeons or nurses?

The other contents of the set; Top left is a Heinrichsen from the base, but not needing or being a medic he must be from another set, likewise the tree seems to be Heinrichsen but is a bit tropical methinks?

Top right and bottom middle both seem to be home-painted castings, possibly home-cast (heavy bases), but they aren't as chunky as most home-casts, so they may be modern - badly painted - castings from old Nuremberg moulds? Whatever they are - they are 7YW/30YW/French-Indian/New-world Colony Insurgency period, not Napoleonics!

The two Jager/Light Infantry are nice figures but clearly don't belong in the box either, so I think it's fair to say what I have is a box of floor-sweepings...but they are all nice examples (except the home painting) and will go on the foam-boards I use to keep these flats pristine. The four guys who have seen action (Austro-Hungarians?) will stay in the box, the cows will get a note and mental question-marks, and I'll look out for some medics!!

No comments: