About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Monday, January 30, 2012

B is for Bowl...But is it art?

For only three or four hundred dollars you too can be the proud owner of a bowl full of holes...

'Mosleymeetswilcox' War Bowl...$399.00 and more some more I think this is theirs too and still more here

or you can go with the budget alternative;

'Raw Design'...Less than $35.00!

or...you could get a wok, turn the oven up and...

Hey! Woah-there!...I will not be held responsible for any damage done to your better-halves's utensils, you're all grown-ups, I'm just planting the seed!

4 comments:

Giano said...

It seems like murder to me... expecially when I think how expensive figures have become nowadays (and ho wis difficult to find stuff here in Italy)!!!

Maverick Collecting said...

I hadn't looked at it like that! But; yeah, where they've used HaT/Italeri Wellingtonians or what looks like Call to Arms (or Conte?) colonials it does seem to be a very wasteful practice, the green one though is HK shite and how they think they can charge 400 dollars for some 5 dollars-worth of microwaved figures is beyond me? The 20-quid bowl guy has also used cheepies!

Murderous swine - all of 'em!
Hugh

Giano said...

The cheapies too are very difficult to find nowadays. luckily I've no need for them :) so they can keep roasting them for the moment.

Maverick Collecting said...

Over here you can still track down the cheepies, Toys-r-Us have bags in two colours of Fritz-helmeted Americans and the same figures are available in both Poundstreacher and The Pound Shop (for a pound!), same packaging, but 3-quid more in Poundstreacher (3.99) and 2 pounds more in T-r-Us (2.99)!

So try your local mall for the raw material of a bowl...with all those holes they'd make better lamp-shades...ooh, I think I just made my first million...wana' buy a lampshade, a 'designer' lampshade mind you? Only a mere $450!...

...plus postage of course!

Hugh