About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

T is for Toy Soldiers

Some more bits on Toy Soldiers in art and design;

Unicef - Turn Toy Soldiers back into children Poignant and thought provoking.

Toy Soldier alphabet Brilliant, but could have been executed to read more easily? (Oliver Mundy)

Amnesty International - CGI Bit raw? That's war.

Gold! Jewellery

Second-life More CGI

Gone to graveyards everyone? Common photograph, but with nice poem.

Saving Ryan's Privates - Ryan McGuinness Different...

Ghostprint Gallery - Francisco Amaya 'Made in China'!

What war does when the WASPS stop waving the flags UK-based Dorothy Collective - Makes you think...no bad thing.

It's amusing in an ironic fashion what minority hobbies we are collectively, yet our figures seem to permeate through society at many levels?

2 comments:

tomholio said...

The gold ones might look alright with a lick of paint :)

Maverick Collecting said...

Haha - Yes - and there'd be no excuse for tarnished buttons!!