About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, September 14, 2012

A is for Autumn


The sun setting over the fields behind May's Wood to the West of Enham Alamein Last week

8 comments:

siteofcuriosities said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Except we never really got round to having a summer here, just a couple of hot days a few weeks ago!

Gog said...

Hi Hugh,

Nice picture!

But I came here because I am looking for an entry you once wrote with a Land-Rover, I can't remember the maker of the toy, just a few details: military, british made, suspension, I left a comment... I think it would be a good idea to add Blogger's search app to Small Scale World. I have it in my blog, and nobody uses it, but who knows? in cases like this (where tags do not help), it could be useful!

Greets,
Juan

Anonymous said...

Hi Gog - I can't log into my Blog at the moment!! And crashed the Library PC's five times on Friday - so it's lucky it's letting me write this!!

You're looking for the Britians Landrover...click on Britains down the right hand side and scroll through the Guards and Bandsmen, it should have been posted last Autumn or early Spring this year?!!

H

Hugh Walter said...

Remaras wrote;

Just when you thought summer would never end, Fall begins. Soon the carefree days of summer will be just memory.

...

Can't agree more, Autumn has hit suddenly and with a vengeance here!

Hugh

Hugh Walter said...

Gog - you are looking for the Britains Land Rover, posted about 9 - 12 months ago, try 'Briatins' in the tag list, should be after the recent Guards stuff abd around the same time as the 'Deetail' stuff last autumn or early spring 2012.

Hugh

Gog said...

Thanks, yes, I have just found it...
You use a lot of tags, but they need some "memory" on the reader side, otherwise...

Hugh Walter said...

...you will have to ask!! haha! I tried to tell you several times where they were, but this new and unimproved Blogger has been deleting all anonymous comments despite my allowing them! And for the last two weeks I could only post anonymously because it wouldn't recognise me!

Then I finally got it to recognise me on Wednesday and it 'lost' the comment when I up-loaded it! luckily I borrowed some Internet last night to finally leave a comment on my own Blog...what a pa-lava!

I've now topped-up the stupid, slow speed, cant find its own signal Vadafone dongle, and should get some serious Blogging done if the weather stays wet!