About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Friday, November 29, 2013

G is for Guards - Officers

Officers, mounted and on foot - both at attention and marching...

At Attention;
Unknown (Charbens?), Hong Kong, early Timpo, late Timpo with black collar.

Walking;
Hilco and a damaged Lone*Star (who may be a 'standing at ease soldier - not an officer at all!).

Marching;
Crescent 60mm, Crescent 54mm, early Timpo, Late Timpo with gold collar and Herald...

...Lone*Star with 2 Hong Kong copies, a hollow-cast 'ghost' (Britains!), 2 Charbens with different bases and another Herald

Mounted here are Britains Herald (we had the saddle errors once before - I know!) and Timpo. The Timpo one come son a brown horse and two mouldings of white horse, one with the drooping reins and one without (is there is a difference in the number of plugs on the feet as well, or was that the Apache/7th Cav. one?), I can never remember which of the three is the rare one!

Likewise I don't know if there is any significance to the black/gold collar question? There are mounted guards by Charbens and others but they are somewhere else - so not photographed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could it be the gold coller officer is for the horse not the legs and the black coller officer for the legs not the horse ?

Maverick Collecting said...

It could Anonymous - Thanks for raising it as I hadn't considered that...does anyone know for sure?

Hugh