About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

C is for Corgi Cavalry

These are one of those exceptions that prove a rule; getting exited about scale is a waste of time...



The figures being 50mm, while the horse is perfectly compatible with 54mm stuff. These came late'ish to Corgi if I remember correctly and included a horse-box and Land-Rover Country LWB. The little blonde girl being from the 'Corgi Pony Club', the other two being obvious!

The scarlet-jacketed postilion (?) is from the '1902 State Landau - The Queens Silver Jubilee 1977' set. He plugs into a plinth which also had a small corgi dog.

The last shot shows the size in comparison with a Britains Guardsman, as you can see the figure looks a tad diminutive, but the horses are quite alike, if anything the Corgi steed has a bigger butt as our friends across the pond would say!

No comments: