About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

G is for Guards - Unknown Swoppets

In some of the previous posts last week and in some of the posts to come I refer to these as 'Unknown (Charbens?)', but as there are other 'swoppet' guards of a non-Timpo persuasion; I'm not sure if they are Charbens at all?


So - any of you large-scale collectors know who these were made by? Lone*Star? Cherilea?, I know they are not the Crescent ones (my favourites - and I don't have any!!), the reason why I'm not sure is that there are some other more Timpo-like swoppet guards, with very similar (to Timpo) bases and separate rifles that are a sort of Charbens brown? The annoying thing is I have known in the past...Doh!

probably meant to be six in the range, the shouldered-arms guy fits three legs and the officer would go on marching legs if I had both as spares.

No comments: