About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

J is for Jeep & Gun from J & L Randall

A quick addition to the small family of much copied 1950's pocket money toys we looked at Here which I picked-up a while ago from Adrian, in fact he couldn't find the gun so I held-fire on posting it for a month or two, but it turned-up in another box the other day!

I then thought I'd lost it somewhere on the rail network getting my ticket out, but I'd 'tidied' it into the wrong box and it turned-up for the second time a week or two later! It's now firmly all together in a self-seal bag, waiting for the Merit box to come out of storage.

A similar card to the 'jig-toys' that Randall sold, both as Bell and Merit. I managed to label this Randell with an 'e' but couldn't be arsed to change it as there's a cost to reloading this stuff if you're stupid enough to rely on Vodafone for your internet!

No comments: