About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

911 is for Call the Emergency Services!

If you live the other side of the pond that is . . . I remember thinking as a kid that they must be saying '911' in the movies and TV dramas because they aren't allowed to use the 'actual' 999!

Brain sent these a while ago, well it seems like a while ago as it's been a busy time recently, but they arrived a month ago this Friday! Of interest is that they are the basis of the smaller ones we looked at here a couple of years ago ['can't find the link...obviously haven't tagged it properly!].

Six Jaru police in blue and six other emergency personnel, mostly firemen (or firefighters!) in a mix of red and white, but with the same three poses in each colour. Did other sets have those two reversed?

I asked Brian for a shot of the pack for my records this week, but it was good enough to use on the Blog! Also comparisons with the cheepo-copies I found, the police being the inside pair, the fire crew the outside pair. You can see the clones are a bit smaller, and the teeny pistol's ancestor is revealed to be another teeny-pistol! It's like he's pointing his finger . . . "Halt! Or I poke you in the eye perp!"

The lower shot is a comparison with the Fishel figures; they're modelled on a later (more modern) era, with 'Fritz' helmets, something equating to a Heckler-Koch MP-something-or-other and body armour, also they are a better sized 54mm. The upper shot is another comparison between the Jaru in the middle and the clone to the right with a painted vinyl original to the left, which may be modern, or may date from the 1980's and could be via Jaru (they've been around long enough), or some other rack-toy jobber?

No comments: