About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

R is for Res Plastics to the Rescue

Picked these up at the London show from a mate who's a DC fan, these were only his spares and talking to Paul Morehead (PW's Ed.) on Monday he thinks there are 12-16 in the set.

Originally manufactured by Res Plastics (RP) of Italy, the moulds should be with Red Scorpio (DSG) of Argentina and I'll try to find a link and put it below when I go up the Library to publish this! The originals were a soft polyethylene - we looked at the Superman and Batmen in a Kinder post here - while these are in a tinier, more rigid plastic, but not a brittle styrene.

Red Scorpio seems to have them (painted?) but the links are dead here (and PC-crashingly dead at that...he says - ten frozen-screen minutes later), maybe you'll have better luck?
 

4 comments:

Stad said...

Hugh
You have the following figures Aquaman. The Flash, Hawkman, Joker, Shazam (Captain Marvel). do not recognize and Catwoman. Marvel owns the rights to the name Captain Marvel so DC has to call him Shazam.

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Stad...glad someone knew...I can just about tell Batman from Superman!

H

Anonymous said...

SUPER FIRENDS PLASTIC FIGURINES :

It's amazing how these little pieces of plastics TODAY are beautiful sculptures. regrets that have not appeared in my hands when I was 7 or 8 years old, would have been many hours of games and battles of super friends vs the bad guys .. Well the same game even though I am over 40 years old (laughs) .. RARE is that it is not in the collection or WONDER WOMAN, LEX LUTHOR, CHEETAH and other villains of the time of SUPER FRIENDS ...
Years it took me to find them all and thanks to the INTERNET I managed to complete with the figures that had come out in BRAZIL there in the year 81 (Pepsi Cola promotion)
BRAZIL 1981: SHAZAM, AQUAMAN, CLARK KENT, HAWKMAN, GREEN LANTERN, GREEN ARROW, JOKER, CATWOMAN, RIDDLER, PENGUIN.-

ARGENTINA 1980? reedited 1993: SUPERMAN, BATMAN, ROBIN, BATGIRL, SUPERGIRL, FLASH

ALL ORIGINALLY LEFT IN ITALY AT THE END OF THE 70s and the beginning of the 80s.

RAMIRO MUÑOZ
MILOTIK ( FACEBOOK)

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Ramiro!

Glad you found them and thanks for the extra info, all good stuff!

H

(PS, different thing altogether but I picked up an orange 'Pink Panther' as the weekend from Yolanda - new to me and there must be more!)