About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

M is for Monogram's Men Made Much Mangier in Macau

Not much blurb with these, being vintage (after all the new stuff we've been looking at) and un-branded generics; there's nothing TO say! They are all copies of Monogram's kit figures, which have been much copied and re-issued (by Revell) over the years and we will look at them all in greater detail on the Hong Kong Blog eventually as there are various types, we're looking at 3 maybe 4 different sources here. Enjoy the artwork!

The first four are all from the same source . . .




We looked at the vessels (loose) when I did all the mini-ships years ago, they are copies of the Triang Minic range in soft plastic. We also saw three of the sets when I did the 1-ton Humber posts. These sets are all dated early to mid-1960's.

This was sent to the Blog by Dario from Italy, and we looked at another one from the range on the Airfix Blog (8th Army - 1st Type), they are rather charming with the shaped blisters, but the contents are third-rate in the hierarchy of Hong Kong production - as are all the sets in this post, of course, that is the nature of Rack Toys! These figures are slightly smaller and I would imagine this set dates to the late1960's or the early 1970's.

Your eyes can tell you as much as I can waffle. Back to the earlier 1960's for this one.

Ditto! It's trying to be the same as the last set, but has a different mix of slightly different figures.

PS - probably not Macau!

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

Interesting sets of army men. I especially like that anit-aircraft fitted tank.

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Jan, re. The tank - It's 'different', I actually forgot to post one set of Monogram clones, but er...it's an 'interesting' toy...

H