About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

S is for Shite!

The Matchbox 'Heroic Rescue' vehicle Attack Track . . . 'cos you can heroically rescue loads of things with a tactical battlefield missile, loads of souls can be rescued by Beelzebub for a start!

It has the front-end/cab of a Soviet/Russian wheeled carrier, the tracks of a construction vehicle and a missile previously used by a Dong, as a nose! Jack Odell and the Smiths must be spinning in their graves . . . it's NOT Matchbox, it's Hong Kong shite! Poundland, one pound, now.

7 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I like what´s written in the top left box Corner.
"Guaranteed for life", and then under it, "Lifetime limited warranty"
I´m now trying to work out how that would possibly be. What exactly is guaranteed.? That it will always give fun? If it breaks then it doesn´t give fun so the lifetime guarantee is basically gone..but, aha!,,there´s the warranty to get it repaired but if that´s limited (must be on the back of the box in the usual tinsy winsy writing)how can the lifetime guarantee work ? :-P

Hugh Walter said...

It’s guaranteed to be shit for life...the [limited] lifetime limiting the lifetime of the guarantee! Clever – but shite!
H

Paul´s Bods said...

I´m now thinking of having the two sentences tatooed on my butt*..at least then it would be true.
I really wish I had kept a japanese made flying saucer toy I once had. The instructions were a squeel. The spelling and grammar were sooo bad but at the same time made a weird sense, nothing to do with the actual toy but the worst Kind of "ooer missus" humour. Wether it was intended or not it was hilarious. I´m not 100% sure they got thrown out, they were that funny I´ve got a Feeling they have been kept. I´ll have to dig about and see if I can find them.

*Ok..maybe on a T-shirt.

JohnM said...

You paid a Pound too much for that ...

:-)

Hugh Walter said...

John . . . if I can successfully raise some tomato (or tomayto?) seedlings in the blister, I'll have had my monies-worth!

Paul . . . a T-shirt won't get the 'likes' on the Facebook!

H

Paul´s Bods said...

Two reasons it won´t get likes:
1. The majority of FB users (users as a slight inference to the Junkie like nature of most of that platforms Population) wouldn´t have the IQ to work it out and;
2. I ain´t on FB :-)

Hugh Walter said...

I don't go there much anymore....our fate is sealed, I only hope the end comes after mine! I go on there once a month, repost a couple of pithy things from the other HW and retire quickly!

H