About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

S is for Shite!

The Matchbox 'Heroic Rescue' vehicle Attack Track . . . 'cos you can heroically rescue loads of things with a tactical battlefield missile, loads of souls can be rescued by Beelzebub for a start!

It has the front-end/cab of a Soviet/Russian wheeled carrier, the tracks of a construction vehicle and a missile previously used by a Dong, as a nose! Jack Odell and the Smiths must be spinning in their graves . . . it's NOT Matchbox, it's Hong Kong shite! Poundland, one pound, now.

7 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I like what´s written in the top left box Corner.
"Guaranteed for life", and then under it, "Lifetime limited warranty"
I´m now trying to work out how that would possibly be. What exactly is guaranteed.? That it will always give fun? If it breaks then it doesn´t give fun so the lifetime guarantee is basically gone..but, aha!,,there´s the warranty to get it repaired but if that´s limited (must be on the back of the box in the usual tinsy winsy writing)how can the lifetime guarantee work ? :-P

Hugh Walter said...

It’s guaranteed to be shit for life...the [limited] lifetime limiting the lifetime of the guarantee! Clever – but shite!
H

Paul´s Bods said...

I´m now thinking of having the two sentences tatooed on my butt*..at least then it would be true.
I really wish I had kept a japanese made flying saucer toy I once had. The instructions were a squeel. The spelling and grammar were sooo bad but at the same time made a weird sense, nothing to do with the actual toy but the worst Kind of "ooer missus" humour. Wether it was intended or not it was hilarious. I´m not 100% sure they got thrown out, they were that funny I´ve got a Feeling they have been kept. I´ll have to dig about and see if I can find them.

*Ok..maybe on a T-shirt.

John Murray said...

You paid a Pound too much for that ...

:-)

Hugh Walter said...

John . . . if I can successfully raise some tomato (or tomayto?) seedlings in the blister, I'll have had my monies-worth!

Paul . . . a T-shirt won't get the 'likes' on the Facebook!

H

Paul´s Bods said...

Two reasons it won´t get likes:
1. The majority of FB users (users as a slight inference to the Junkie like nature of most of that platforms Population) wouldn´t have the IQ to work it out and;
2. I ain´t on FB :-)

Hugh Walter said...

I don't go there much anymore....our fate is sealed, I only hope the end comes after mine! I go on there once a month, repost a couple of pithy things from the other HW and retire quickly!

H