About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

B is for Brigade Band in a Box



I was sent these ages ago by Jonathan Newman with the intention of the contributor for me to Blog them, but they slipped through the net at the time and I found them the other day, checked back in Hotmail and will pop them here, as an example of the interim production of Preiser's inherited Elastolin stuff from the late 1980's/early 1990's, when they matched the corporate identity of Preiser with font, layout and packaging, but retained the Elastolin brand-name.

Many of you probably remember the adverts in Military Modelling and other hobby mag's around 1994-7? Now all ex-Elastolin is listed as Preiser but still has the Elastolin moniker attached and increasingly finds itself reproduced by Preiser's prodigious CAD/CAM workshop in other sizes.


As they are low-res, I'll just throw them-up as an example, there's not much to 'blurb' on, interesting that they have gaps in the line-up hidden in the centre of the band, presumably (as with all the 'complete' bands Preiser issues) there is a specific make-up to a Fire Brigade band, accurately represented in a generic carton.

Obviously using the old German Infantry musicians, with new helmets/added helmet-ridge.





The current incarnation of these sculpts is as separate figures in the standard Wehrmacht format/paint. From time to time Preiser still issue the bands with other paint finishes, while private sellers paint them-up as black-clad Nazi's and put them on feeBay for Brexiteers to spend too much on.

And many thanks again to Mr. Newman

No comments: