About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

F is for Follow-up; New paratroopers

I said we'd look at this first lot again when they arrived as Brian had said he was sending me a set, and they were pencilled-in for Rack-toy Month, but I ran out of time and had other things in the queue, so they're here now! Who didn't get parachute toys in their Christmas stocking at least once? Well; sue your parents for cruelty, neglect and emotional harm while enjoying the post below . . .

In the 'corporate' colours of the current packaging! They're like a bag of particularity nice sweets! But you do have to do you own parachute knotting which would be beyond the abilities of your average infant I fear?

Brian also sent these to the Blog, they seem to be a pretty generic version, after various Airfix 54mm figures and a waving-dude, I've seen them loose in grab-bins and carded by various brands and brand-marks, we've seen them from Playwrite and Unique here on the Blog before, these come courtesy of MTC.

Doing my job for me - Brian photographed these (left-hand shot) on a recent visit to the UK, and sent us the image, it's a good example of not seeing the woods for the trees being in the way - I go to Poundland all the time looking for 'el cheapies' to blog, and have seen these so often, but somehow not registered them as valid (they are a bit big and a bit action-figure like, but are also a single 'toy' moulding), nor registered them as being the same as the Hunson-packaged ones (also donated by Mr. Berke!) we looked at a while ago?

So next time I see them I will get one! Brian then sent the image of the Toyrific set (the Poundland ones are in their house brand of Funtastic . . . There's a pattern there - Portmanteau happy/toy-words as 'brands') with a note to the effect "Look familiar?", so I Googled them and quickly found the lower-right image on Tobar's site; I'm sure there are more!

Off interest note is that while you get them - typically - in pairs, there seems to be three sculpts, of which one still looks like Max Headroom! Thanks again to Brian Berke, the whole post seems to be down to him!

No comments: