About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, January 2, 2017

T is for Three - Knights of Old



Except one is anything but a knight and the other is a lowly man at arms!

I've a whole bunch of medieval figure-photos still in Picasa from a photo-shoot I did back in 2011/2012, and this was one of them; three 'misc.' figures who didn't fit into anything else.

From the left we have . . .

  • ·         Evil Guy de Whatsit (see Blog passim) from Britains with his locating-studs removed, he stands quite well and looks the part! 54mm
  • ·         A white-metal 're-sub' freebie originally in kit-form, from one of the glossies, I don't subscribe any more, to either of them, just grab a butcher's in WHSmith occasionally and purchase if there's anything useful in there. There never is these days, just endless poured-metal, painted well, but stylistically, in a mile-long factory in China!

I painted him in a flat style which has left the sword-cuts on his shield a bit cartoony and the base is becoming a disaster, I tried a herbal tea-bag for 'autumn' scatter material, but it's worn off round the edges and the glue has whitened, so, along with his too-pink cheeks he now looks like he's struggling in the winter snow . . . hardly Acre in the summer sun huh? Yes - I know it gets cold in the dessert, but I didn't intend it to be night-time either! 58mm

  • ·         An unmarked 60mm copy of a 40/70mm Elastolin 'gunner' from the catapult in hard polystyrene. Probably from Hong Kong, but the lack of a mark and the material suggest he could be French, Spanish or even further afield?

No comments: