About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

S is for a Stripey Magic Mini!

There's not much on it, but reading this; that comes as no surprise! Not only that, but having though I'd finally tracked-down the set, what do I find but a little tyke called Andy still to find . . . hay-ho!

Anyway, courtesy of Binns Road and Dinky, I give you Mr and Mrs Bearanda from the Toy Shop and Candy; Andy's off doing a stock-take! No Stripey Mini (apparently designed by Paul Smith - the stripes where actually horizontal to the ground, rather than the 45º's of the Dinky one) , I'm drawing a line under die-cast civilian vehicles, we'd never get it all covered!

Because this is an otherwise rather barren post, and apropos some forthcoming posts, the above are the contents of Dinky's figure/accessory set 009 Service Station Personnel, the mechanics being much pirated in Hong Kong, while the sales staff and customers seem to have escaped the plagiarists attention!

All the above seem to be Charles Stadden sculpts, probably from the Triang-Line's Brothers factory; Minimodels in Havant on the South Coast.

No comments: