About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

R is for Radical Sky!



Continuing to check-up on perennial favourites, we're back with pooper-troopers today, or their close-cousins!

I can't remember if we've seen these before or not, I think we did, but Brian Berke sent me these shelfies in two batches, to show variations in colour and card; the 'A' card having a pyramid of Radical Sky Divers, the 'B' card having the opposite arrangement with two over one. These cartoonish, caricature-types are quite similar to those old, vinyl-rubber 'Poopertroopers' of our childhood.

The Ja-Ru instructions (left) on the reverse of both cards (which also share the #2304 code) show a more common (and sober) design of paratrooper, so have probably been reused from a previous import!

In the middle, I've bought another of The Work's chaps (So I think we've seen him before as well!); previously they only had green or blue ones but I though a red 'Red Devil' was a must, when I saw it!

And - I'm afraid - we've seen these chaps previously here, several times and in MTC branding I think, but this is new card-art (also a Brian shelfie), so if - like me - you're a pooper-trooper hound, you need to know/see this stuff! Mostly Airfix cloning (after a fashion), but the officer in shirt-sleeve order seems more original in design, or is he based on an old Tamiya British AFV crewman?

24th April - In point of fact, apart from  previous views of the MTC guys in different cards (and brands), all the above are new to the blog!

No comments: