About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

B is still for Baseball!

These were donated to the Blog by Brian Berke and they are fun! Imported into the US by JPW, they're probably a bit harder to find this side of the pond, but you might try the big craft superstores, where they may be sitting with Wilton's stuff in the cake decorating sector?

Two teams, red and blue, it's almost like war-gaming! Indeed - I'm sure an enterprising cove from that branch of grownups-and-toys (they all seem to call each other 'cove'!) could fix-up some dice-based rules? There used to be pocket cricket, after all, if you can game cricket with a rolling brass hex/drum and stub of pencil, you should be able to sort something out with these chaps!

Each figure is unique due to a number on their shirt-back, although the three fielders are basically the same pose. And I'm afraid the catcher is one of those surprisingly common - within the hobby - poses that begs the ear-worm . . .  ♫ Maaah Maaa-aham-meiiiiii♫

Thanks Brian!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes you wonder they could do them in team strip?

Dan

Hugh Walter said...

Funny Dan - I was chatting to Brian about it yesterday, team colours, individual players, 'lucky shirt-numbers' taken on transfer to a new team, famous individuals....but they won't give these ranges a chance, Lego even flirted with both football and basketball back in the 1990's/2000's (?), but dropped them before they'd had time to build a fan-base!

H