About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 14, 2017

J is for Jazzy 'Jamas for Jaru's Jumpers

Although it's only the second Rack Toy month and there's no guarantee of a third, I think it's a truism that you can't have a Rack Toy Month without some parachute toys and as I haven't found any to post recently it's lucky these came in from New York via Brian Berke the other day.

We've seen this chap before in a green Jim-Jam jump-suit so this is only a box-ticker but I spent most of last week getting yesterday's 10 posts together (I also updated Jaru and Amscan's A-Z entries to reflect recent post's items) and rather ran out of time to schedule something for  this morning.

I think I also noted last time we looked at them that I'm loving the packaging, if I get time I will try to get over to the new Smyth's toy-store in Farnborough before the end of RTM and see if they have anything like this in their cheapie section, there's nothing in the Entertainer, Wilko or The Works at the moment, and I can drop into the big Asda at the same time, they sometimes carry Jaru.

No comments: