About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

C is for Catch Up

[Or the original intended title;] K is for Canuck Key-rings

Except they're probably not Canadian, it probably should have been a 'C' and isn't really working as a title at all, but I'm getting the introductory paragraph out of it; so it works on one level! Better have a look at an image to bring clarity to the preceding nonsense, huh?

[But then yesterday didn't happen - these were going to be a PM addition, but other stuff happened - as it does! And today's running late! Anyway, I've now caught-up with all emails and comments, and downloaded three contributions - Thanks Brain, Brian and Tom, and tomorrow's post will be a lovely contribution from John Roquas.]

See - the bear sort of looks like a Mountie, but has a US style sheriff's badge? Do different National Parks have specific uniforms, or is he totally imaginary?

I'm guessing they are touristy things, and as well as looking like a Mountie, there's a parallel with Yogi Bear and didn't we/one of the Blog's followers find a 'mind the camp-fire' safety-bear a while ago - but he wears jeans? Have I already blogged this shite?

There's nothing else to add, they are unmarked, PVC vinyl, about 70/80mm, cartoony stuff; there isn't even a proper box to tick! Fun for kids!

No comments: