About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 30, 2017

B is for Bendy Bones

We have an independent discount store here, not a 'pound' model, but one of these general and home-goods places with carpets and storage bins, giant stuffed tigers and beach toys, gardening, hair-products, wool . . . you know the type of place - a little bit of everything!

About six months ago they expanded their toy section from a few big-box electronic type things from China to a more general any-or-all budgets double aisle, although they seemed to do so through one outlet/supplier, who was obviously a Tobar agent; as all the new cheaper toys are Tobar branded - useful as I can check them a couple of time s a month instead of waiting until I'm passing a Hawkin's Bazaar.

Flexi Frights from the aforementioned Tobar . . . a flexi-skeleton no less, just what you need for Halloween!

"If you get hungry just snack on your own feet" says Skelly the skeleton! Hardly a fright, but definitely flexi!

No comments: