About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

F is for Follow-up - Henbrandt

Third post today and we're back to Henbrandt, and the current cheepie-bin stuff from The Entertainer, I went again, I saw more, I purchased . . . 3-for-a-pound! I buy this shite so you don't have to . . . but they're paratrooper-aliens, and jumping monsters, why wouldn't you?!

Plunder; I popped in as I thought there might be other colours/poses in the parachuting aliens box; when I went there last time I DID dig around, but the box was full, and it's the same sort of box Bic Biro's used to come in; tall but with a small opening at the top, and as it was full, I couldn't dig too far down without spilling paratrooper aliens all over the shop!

So, it was slightly less full, and I had a dig, found two new poses and a new colour and was going to make a six-lot when I happened to look across at the jumping monsters box, now; I dug to the bottom of that bugger last time, double checking with what was in my hand and mentally wondering if I should get another multi-eye - just in case it was different from the one I'd found in the road - but no, I missed one! Thus: I left with five aliens and one monster for the six.

After I'd taken the group shot on the right and was putting them away, I noticed there was a third pose (four in total now), so we have a guy in a waistcoat holding his head, a guy with boxing gloves and a girl in a Tutu or Ra-Ra skirt, and I'm going to have to go back and dig some more as it's such an eclectic mix there's bound to be more, while in the meantime a metallic aqua-blue has been added to the colours.

The sixth Jump-up Monsters pose is a smiling, red Cyclopean, or should that be cyclopean, red-smile?

2 comments: