About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

F is for Follow-up - Nibariki

I still haven't looked these up on the wibbly wobbly way, but I have picked-up another, I assume it is connected to the little girl running gaily through the skull-strewn medow we looked-at the other day, but it might be another Anime / Manga thing altogther?!

The new addition is basically two sort-of-Moomins, with short-to-no-legs sitting on an upturned toadstool while a little black worm burrows out of it's umbrella, if it is related to the other Nibariki item I really want to find out more about it because Moomin-likeies  and skull-strewn meadows are a pretty off-the-wall mash up!

Four views turning anti-clockwise from the left; that's it, follow-up!

PS 1 - They are called Totoro from Studio Ghibli {straight into the tag list and we'll return to them when I know more}

PS 2 - While uploading, or at approximately the same time I can report Brian Berke has eMailed me something equally esoteric I still have to process - I was going to add it to the bottom of this post, but the sky's gone dark-orange (Caribbean sand?) and I must get back to check if we still have a chimney as the remains of some oh-no-not-human-caused-global-climate-change-related-storm-and-that's-a-Donald-fact hits the British Isles! Ironic; we only started naming our storms a couple of years ago and already we're adopting someone else's - out of sequence . . . still, look on the bright side, if it didn't have hundred-mile-an-hour winds it would have taken AGES to get here!

No comments: