About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

P is for Pull-cords!

These (or at least the Humpty Dumpty type) were nearly added to the other esoteric stuff the other day, but I didn't have time, and I was lucky I just downloaded them and took them home; as the contributor (Brian Berke) sent some more a few days later; so they can have a post to themselves!

Is it a loo-chain or a light-switch cord? Is it Humpty Dumpty? These questions and others aren't going to be answered here, today! But they are fun, figural and one-dollar-forty-nine-cents each - Bargain! They look to be a poured polyurethane-resin?

A puppy, another Humpty Dumpty sculpt (with kippah or yarmulke), rabbits (or hares? Easter?), an elephant, a herd of moose and what looks to be a side of roast-chicken! They're all $1.49, it's a plethora of bargains.

I'm guessing they are designed to be held through the tire-hole; of course it will be a tyre-hole if it turns out you can get them this side of the pond, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Closer to home and not for sale (because they are in use!) are these three, two vintage wooden acorns, one in boxwood - with rubber o-rings to stop it chipping the paintwork- and the other in stained pine with a rubber-band attached for the same job along with a ceramic cat I bought in a gift shop in the Channel Islands about ten years ago.

2 comments:

Terranova47 said...

What looks like the side of a roast chicken is a puppy's butt.

Hugh Walter said...

Hahahahahah! Of course it is - it's to the left of the mooses...meece? Lucky I wasn't a detective, we'd be knee-deep in serial killers who got off on a technicality!

h