About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, November 27, 2017

A is for Annual Fix

It's been ages since I fed the Airfix addiction here and I found these the other day looking for something else, it's a bit of a box-ticker, but we haven't had one of those for a while either! Gets them in the tag list.

I seem to have taken them late in 2010 as my second Fuji was giving-up it's electronic mental-stability, so they may not reproduce well, but I've left them un-collaged, apart from the two 'wooden bench' shots.

I think they must have been a purchase from the penultimate (or last?) Dave McKenna-run Birmingham toy soldier show which was a few days earlier than these are dated, I did do a show report, but there was a lot of stuff, and A) I only blogged the highlights and B) I know it never got sorted, it went into storage still mostly together in a spare box!




From the Airfix Motor Racing header-carded, bagged-set 5089 Track Officials & Spectators, a set of twelve figures, including 2 older fans seated.

The painted figure is Preiser I think? Not sure, he could be Merten, but he looks like earlier Preiser (they're all in storage so I'm going on what I can see, not what I can check!) although I can't find him in either catalogues and he looks a bit 'British' . . . flat-cap and newspaper, having a rant (speak for yourself Hugh!), he may be O-gauge from Peco or Slaters? What I do know is that he doesn't belong with the 5089 figures.

No comments: