About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

P is for Paint Your Own Dinosaurs

There are various other sets within the Activity Station range, there's even another set in the Paint Your Own theme - Owls (! Should I?), but with at least two peg-doll sets, various cheapie-Playdoh-substitute related sets, plaster-casting, beads and the like they are well worth a look if you are shopping for younger relatives in the next week or two.

Third Time Today!

Third Time Today!

Scenic backdrop - Check! Four PVC Models - Check! Camera - Check! Batteries - Check! Photograph - Check! Stegosaurus - Check! Brachiosaurus - Check! Triceratops - Check! Tyrannosaurus - Check!

The models are denser PVC and differ from the others we've looked at today (which are all unmarked) in another way, they are clearly marked down the belly "MADE IN CHINA", they also look similar to other dinosaur models, but without comparing all the boxes of them it's not an easy call - there are thousands of toy & model dinosaurs out there, yet the bulk of them only cover about 15-20 'headline' species and three poses; standing, walking and running, so they do all look similar!

The booklet this time covers various dinosaurs (in addition to the four 'project' breeds) with thumbnail sketch-biographies and there's a simplified timeline of the eras. The graphics of the booklet are firmly geared toward a Jurassic Park meme, while the box is attempting a more 1950's pulp-look I think, but not that successfully.

With black, white, the three primaries and green; I think the Dinosaurs get the best six-pot, paint-selection of the sets we've looked at.

Third Time Today!

No comments: