About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

W is for the White Stuff

Seems to me there are only ten-days to the main event, to wit: one visit per chimney courtesy of Mr. Clause and the reindeer plagued by red-noses.

Given that some parts of the British Isles experienced a quick covering of snow the other day heralding the predictable complete failure of the nation infrastructure coupled with the usual orgasm of hysteria from the tabloid's hinting at the end of the world - except the Daily Wail who were probably predicting a 'snow-mageddon' related catastrophic-drop in house prices or worrying rise in Prep-school fees in the New Year; I thought we'd have a look at some related bits and bobs from Picasa.

I bought this last year in Tiger, but can't remember if he ever made it into the Christmas posts? I don't think so as I don't remember ever writing who the bloody-f**k thought it was a good idea to suffocate Santa' in a dolls jam jar? 60mm; lid-roof to base.

This pair of pure-white muppets was on a Christmas cake a few years ago, they look to be from one of the 'proprietary brands' of Christmas Village (what secular people use to celebrate a religious festival instead of nativities!) but I seem to remember that they were more generic in their China'ness!

The big one looks faintly bemused by the whole thing (whatever it is), the one on the right looks . . . errr . . . . inbred, there; I've said it, he looks inbred - Norfolk's lost a village idiot!

The rest came in a junk-lot on evilBay a while ago, I always try to get these earlier in the year as those lots, nearer Christmas itself, tend to be priced for a needful market, but Christmas cake decorations in the summer tend to go un-bid-on!

These are the less interesting pieces. I like the tree - in its wooden barrel - as we had them on the cake with our plaster snowmen and cottage when we were kids, the deer is one of many and the sign is hard plastic, the latter-two HK, the tree probably a German, Polish or British product, jobbed to many.

Thinking out-loud department . . . dissolve the plaster snow in vinegar overnight, remove the wooden barrel and attach the tree to a string of curtain-weights and you'd have a very useful shotgun cleaner, in a fetching green . . . "Merry, festive shotgun cleaner, half-price - Only this Bank-holiday Monday!"! . . . There's my next business-venture, right there!

Awwwww . . . Snow-baby's got an igloo, how cool is that . . . err . . . hard to be cooler than ice?!!

The reason for buying the lot was the Santa Clause who came with both skis, now, I have this sculpt in storage, more than one in fact, possibly including the Festival original, but this is the first hard polystyrene one I've found with both sticks, his skis are softer ethylene though.

We shall return to tobogganing snow-baby this afternoon, he's a copy of the old Gem/Festival ones.

Finally for this little round-up, Brian B was rather taken with these skating Santa's, not enough to buy one, but enough to send us a shelfie, he's is a jolly-looking chap, with the best crimbo-jumper ever! And if you look carefully; his skates are made of Candy-canes.

Is it beginning to feel a bit like Christmas?

No comments: