About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

F is for Follow-up - Large Scale Figures

Back to 1:1 (from the other day's 2:1!) and both Brian Berke and myself managed to encounter plastic figures (albeit glass-reinforced plastic (GRP)) of conversational size, conversational that is; if you happen to stand next to them with Mr Magoo  levels of myopia! How rude! I only said good-day?!

This has replaced the knight we looked at a year or two ago, outside the local toy shop - yes; the same toy shop who hid their nutcracker at the back of the store! I'm guessing these come from some Playmobile (or PR agency) people-store! I wonder what will turn-up next? I'll keep an eye-out!

A  cartoon-related figure from Brian came as a result of the Giant lady the other day, it's from something called Rick and Morty (by/on Adult Swim) which seems to have totally escaped me! More can be ascertained here! 'The poop in my pants' . . . have they found our level?!

2 comments:

Frank Panucci said...

A local landlord owns an office around the corner from my place. There is high tenant turnover. The landlord also owns a toy store, and when the office he owns is vacant, he converts it temporarily into a satellite toy store. Two of the giant Playmobil (or whatever they are) figures are placed out front during daylight hours. Circa late 2016:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/5v502b.jpg

Hugh Walter said...

Brilliant Frank! So I'm definitely looking out for a Santa and a dreaded Redcoat/revenue-man!

H