About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

News, Views Etc . . . Breaking - "A load of old rubbish - but is is art?"

Received from Tom Clague in Oz earlier today . . . brilliant!

Hi Hugh,
There is an art exhibition on here in Sydney I thought you might like. It's called 'Jurassic Plastic', and its basically dinosaurs made from thrown out toys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulperc33jo2oadw/jurassicplastic.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

Closer in on the dinosaurs face, you get to see how many bits they're made from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btwicgwub6or95u/head.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

There are about a dozen dinosaurs roaming the floor. The landscapes across the floor were amazing too, colour graded into various toy types:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx6t9rtemkq7qy1/landscape.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

No small scale stuff unfortunately (i found one Matchbox US infantry clone in amongst things), but some Japanese anime oddities. I wondered if anyone can id this bloke, about 1/50th scale:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v52ces9g2b90oo0/mysteryfigure.jpg?dl=0&raw=1

Hope you like it, exhibit is Jurassic Plastic by artist Hiroshi Fuji, if folks want to Google more.
Cheers,
Tom

=================================

Sydney Festival Page
Tom's Blog

Thanks Tom, we love this stuff! 

No comments: