About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, January 19, 2018

S is for Shelfies 1 - Bullyland (TK Maxx)

Been busy with shelfies, I notice TJF Stadinger has posted some shelfies too, well, if Small Scale World's on to an apparent winner; you'd better copy me for a bit of reflected glory or get left behind, huh? But they're old hat here, we're on to 'Thought for the Day' for this year's meme and the incredibly-dim-one's already a month behind if he want's a slice of that! Too funny! And chess-set shelfies at that, but then I've mentioned chess sets several times in the last few months, so they need to get aboard that bandwagon too. . . funny!
 
As it happens; these are not brilliant shots, but they give you an idea what's out there - post the holiday season - and while I don't collect this stiff myself I know some people are failing to resist the upward trend in 'scale-creep'.
 
The post Christmas sale-off at TK Maxx included a few Bullyland PVC's** and I shot some the other week, these two are both from the 'Princess' (Disney) range, even though one is clearly not a princess! They're also on the big side at 70+mm.
 
** Actually they are 'PVC Free' so one of the new synthetic rubbers such as ethylene vinyl acetate: (EVA), styrene-butadiene-rubber (SBR), ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer (EPDM) from the new class of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE's), hybrid silicon, nitrile, or Nora Rubber, all sort of synthetic-PVC's! The trouble is none of them state their polymer, so will continue to be tagged 'PVC' or 'Silicon', depending on their properties as defined by visual/manual inspection! . . .WAKE UP!
 
A pair from a movie or TV show (haven't heard of it) also Disney, one character looks a bit US 'Preppy', the other more Hispanic, Mediterranean or Arabian. If I can find a link it'll be here [Disney TV], but I don't lose sleep over this stuff!
 
Making a return to SCW, we've looked as Frozen stuff in several sizes and from several makers over the last four or five years and every time I get the that effing 'Let it go' earworm from the Crimbo-day singing doll round my bothers about four years ago stuck in my head! An incident which has clearly scared me for life! And if you tried to switch it off - it just stated again . . . in Spanish!
 
Dejarlo ir . . . Dejarlo ir . . . Dejarlo ir !

No comments: