About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, February 12, 2018

C is for Comics Spain Comparison

These are the two I referred to yesterday, also 70mm vinyl, also sent to the blog about ten years ago by Juan Angel, and an interesting comparison between a Comics Spain super hero and a Bullyland one of the same era - the late-1980's/early-1990's.

Bullyland Batman versus Comics Spain Superman - both a standard 70mm, both substantial sculpts, both with solidly-integrated cloaks, there's nothing in it, but I think there were cross-fertilisation deals between the two companies anyway, so the same sculptor may well have designed both, I'm sure TJF knows all about them!

Marking is similar; both reading bottom-to-top on folds of the cloaks at the backs of the figures.

As you may have noticed, we've had a few posts with super heroes in the last few days, we were going to have a sort of mini-season, but it wasn't planned in advance so it's been a bit 'bitty', it's just that with contributions and the 2018 Toy Fair (and the above find), there was a few in the queue, but there's still another post to come.

6 comments:

Terranova47 said...

Interesting in that the Batman pose looks like a typical Superman one just prior to 'take off'.

On the other hand The Man of Steel looks like he's about to put a key in his front door!

Hugh Walter said...

Heeheehee! Or one's fighting an invisible man twice his size, the other - an invisible man half his size!

H

Gog said...

I should have better pictures somewhere now, I'll check and contact you when I have the time. Thanks also here for the mention.
Cheers,
Juan

Hugh Walter said...

No worries Gog, do you want the catalogue stuff the factory sent me?

H

Gog said...

Sure! I'd love to see it. I'll send you an email.

Hugh Walter said...

I've got your old eMail somewhere, but I can't do it 'till tomorrow as I've got them at home on a dongle!

H