About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

HGL is for H Grossman Limited, Ozbozz and Megasaurs!

A while before I attended the Toy fair, I had spend a whole pound on one of the carnivores with a 'tick' on it which had come into one of the Charity Shops after Christmas and which I had already shot ain TKMaxx, and we'll have a quick shufftie at it and another HGL-branded dino, to close the day of dinosaurs on Small Scale World.

I don't know if it's actually supposed to be a T-Rex, Giganotosaurus, Megalosaurus or an Alaosaurus or whatever (most of which are bigger than a Tyrannosaur I believe?), I just assume it's Tyrannosaurus, here being brought low by the biting, snapping of a little lizard-leech-raptor'saur of some kind! {Quickly checks the model - it's got T-Rex 2 stamped on one foot!}

The little leech-like lizard thing, on some models there's quite a bit of blood, mine's got quite a clean wound, but 'Rex looks pretty peeved, with or without his mouth open!

This is not one of the jaw-movement activated voice models, more of a Britains crocodile mechanism, albeit without the bloody-great handle that the vintage animal had under its muzzle!

I also picked-up this HGL-branded whatever-'tops (Septaseratops?), which I think is from an older line, as I can't find it in any of the show-shots, it's sub-branded to Ozbozz but over-branded to H Grossman, not HGL. The 'Dinosaurs' logo on the tag is very like the font on the box for the squeeky-toy's in the previous post, but with an additional 's'.

Also it's quite like the otherwise-unknown Dimetrodon from this morning's second post; both in the treatment of the eyes and the overall colour-scheme?

No comments: