About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Q is for Question Time - Rabbits and Turtles?

As part of the post publishing [above] in five minutes but really needing to be both separate and below it, for scroll'ers; is the rest of the [mixed] contents of the Phidel Frozen set I recently caught in a Farnborough charity shop . . .

Not really Phidel plastic, and there may be duplicate bunnies! The three turtles are all different and I feel the rabbits should be too? As with the wrapped pig/piglet the other day you feel that three turtles looking three different ways must be 'known' to someone as a cartoon meme or memorable scene in some way . . . anyone got any idea on any of them?

Rabbits are all tampo-printed on their bums: 50921AMP - and marked: 16665 © SML China - each with the numbers overlaid on the image above. Could it be 'Super Mario Logan'

Turtles likewise on the rear left flipper: 50914AMP - and carry the same moulded-in marks with numbers as above.

The printed codes being the same within species and different - but similar between - suggests family groups, further reinforcing the feeling that there's a rabbit missing/duplicated? The single numbers are probably mould or mould-cavity marks.

There was also an unrelated polypropylene traffic cone and a transparent, purple, styrene bead, in the 'lot'! And - No, I do not search this stuff out or collect it, but it's here - might as well try and ID it . . . and it gets another 'Q' in the tag-list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The turtles are from a Paw Patrol set by Spin Masters entitled "Rubble & Sea Turtle Rescue Set" (2015). I accidentally stumbled upon this, so I'm not sure about the rabbits.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks you Lady Macbeth! Half of it put to bed and a clue as to where to look for the others!

H