About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

S is for Sterwinwatch - Sir Talkedaboutalot

A brief one, it's getting boring now, at least fish in a barrel move a bit!

TJF said he felt others were wrong! Well, Jabber; I feel I know you're wrong!

Erwin thought it was Ivanhoe! Indeed - translating his usual strangled English he seem to be suggesting it was 'always sold' as Ivanhoe?

It actually depicts the actor and thespian; William Russel, playing . . . you've guessed it - Sir Lancelot, in err . . . the 1950's TV series The Adventures of Sir Lancelot! Complete with the collar, gloves and a coat of arms that veered from the norm accepted of Lancelot, being of argent, three bendlets gules (three diagonal stripes of red on a silver [white] field), but which is reproduced quite clearly on the figure! What a couple of jokers, they really are too funny.

Incidentally one of the first British TV series filmed on colour stock even though we still didn't have colour TV - that's a [not very] rare fact, by the way!

Meanwhile the idiot monkey waxed ill-lyrical on Afrika Korps only for the artist to explain it was a hand-made one-off, which - it then transpired - had appeared on TJF's Stuff once before - it is painfully like watching Cheech and Chong trying to write War and Peace! And the bits I've greyed-out are amusing . . . 'That's a rare fact I got from someone-else's book, by the way' he's funnier that a clown in a suit of custard!

I'm pretty sure Hasbro's Indiana Jones Titantium Series are micro-machines to boot, he has to have an answer, he has to pontificate for several paragraphs, he need 'data' because he doesn't know anything, so he Googles, gets it wrong and publishes as fact, making it up as he goes along- again!

And a footballer! Fancy-that, you don't see many examples of footballers on Toy Soldier Blogs these days . . . oh! Doh! Hahahaha! Sat in my dust by the side of the road; the pair of them, should I just send them a list of my forthcoming posts - give'em a head-start!

I guess I'm setting their agenda whether I like it or not . . . it is too funny! And please discount the aluminium mould stuff, that was more bullshit than you can squeeze into a cider-press - although the other members of the PSTSM were supping heartily at the run-off!

2 comments:

Terranova47 said...

Thank you for the reminder about the Sir Lancelot TV show. When Dr Who began and William Russell was one of the first 'companians' to end up sharing adventures with the Doctor we thought it bodes well that there would be some action in the show.

Interestingly enough, in the story with Nero burning down Rome it was the older actor, William Hartnell as the Doctor that had a substantial sword fight with an opponent. William Russell's action days must have began and ended with Lancelot.

Hugh Walter said...

I can barely remember re-runs in B&W on what must have been a fledgling BBC2?!!

H