About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

T is for Two - Dungeons and Dragons . . .

. . . from Comics Spain! Looking for something else the other day, I found the Bullyland folder, and thought "Ah! I must Blog those two", looking for them again a few days later I went instead to the Comics Spain folder and found these two - not for the first time; things Juan Angel sent me about nine-years ago! So firstly - ThanksGog!

It's two vinyl characters from the Dungeons & Dragons franchise/license held by [the recently demised] Comics Spain from TSR (Tactical Studies Rules), taken-out in 1985 and pertaining - I think - to a kid's cartoon of the early-evening/after-school TV type? The girl is supposed to have a staff or weapon of some kind (in green) but it has been removed by a previous owner . . .

. . . .and the catalogue managed to obstruct it too, so I still don't know what it should look like! Nevertheless an interesting pair and I think the Girl is called 'Diana', the short chap 'Master'? Scale is best described as 'Cartoon-size', but will be - nominally - 70mm?

The whole set; not quite what you expect from D&D, being all quite friendly-looking, even the obviously evil 'bad-guys'! Shades of Harry Potter in the boy wizard, years before the HP books as well; nothing new under the sun!

2 comments:

Gog said...

Hi Hugh
I'm not an expert in dungeon and dragons, but these figures are taken out of the cartoon series which, of course, was aimed at little kids. I watched it when I was 4 or 5, but I don't recall much.

The figures are quite rare nowadays, most are sold for 30-50 euro maybe even more, except the big winged guy, who is now probably around 200-250 euro.
Thanks for the link and the nice words!
Cheers,
Juan

Hugh Walter said...

Well; thank you for the images, and the follow-up info!

Cheers Gog

H