About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

J is for Jaunty Jalopy!

This was another pound at the same show (Sandown park) as this morning's ertzgibirge effort, and it came with a figure, so if this morning's example was a bargain (and it was!); this was a double-bargain!

It has a slightly elongated or lengthened (at a cost to the width) appearance, seen on some early US-made toy Jeeps (The Ideal version - I-339 is one) which makes it too long and thin for the iconic look of a jeep which is a little more 'boxed' shape. However it does have a little man in a 'brodie' helmet which makes up for the slight stretching - even if he's pink!

It's missing a windscreen, so I'm still looking for a better one, but that's what made it a quid; with windscreen it would have been a fiver; Jeeps are sought-after by Jeep-collectors!

When I like something I always over-photograph it, so you can tell I like this (and the wooden limo'), hell; it's too cool for the motor-pool! The fact that it's manufactured in a dime-store, space-ship, metallic green polystyrene only adds to its overall bargainousness!

It looks like it should be a Hong Kong produced toy (and I think it probably is), but the lack of a mark and the rather too well-made for HK running-gear leaves a question over its origin, and it could be a Western play-set or model railway accessory - from the lower - budget - end of the market, or an actual dime store era/type toy?

2 comments:

Arcadeadventures said...

Nice Blog , If you want to buy Toys for your kid best Toy Shops USA Online at arcade-adventures.com

Hugh Walter said...

What? I turned my kids into cat-food years ago, do your research - moron!

H