About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, June 22, 2018

T is for Two - TAT's Tankette!

As flagged-up this morning, these are from Chris Smith, and while we've looked at them before, it won't hurt to have another shufftie, especially as Chris's seem to tie my lose examples together a bit.

The vagaries of digital-photography! That dark one down the bottom right is the same vehicle as the one to its left and the one on the far left in the upper image! But flash aside, you can see that both carriers are different shades of green polymer, and also differ from their own crew's plastic-colours. Painting (if you feel one or two stab-and-hope blobs of pink qualify for the moniker 'painting'!) between the crews also varies quite a bit.

I hope Chris won't mind my pointing out that some of these shots are not the best images (he's only just got his camera and I understand these are some of the first shots taken), but they get the job done. As well as being copies of the Britains slush-cast Bren Gun Carrier, these TAT machines carry copies of the Britains hollow-cast crewmen, which strangely I happen to have a set of in storage, so when they are out and the missing Tri-Ang officer from this morning turns up we will return to the subjects again.

Also I think I'm right in saying this and the Britains donor ARE Bren Gun Carriers, while the later Dinky toy and the miniscule Airfix one are actually Universal Carriers - with the boxy body?

No comments: