About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 9, 2018

E is for Empirical Evidence!

Courtesy of Paul Morehead, editor of Plastic Warrior magazine.

So, we'll have a few quickies this afternoon, follow-ups and further stuff or loose-ends tied off, with something a bit more substantial tomorrow, but that's not to say today's late-postings aren't interesting, they all are! And again, like the other day - all contributions.

1155 Cork .45 Shooting Game, Catalogue Image, Cork .45 Pistol, DCMT, Die Cast Machine Tools, Game, Game Playing Pieces, Indian Toy Figure, Lone Star, Lone Star 54mm Indians, Made in England, Native American Indian, Novelty Toy, Plastic Toy Figures, Play The Cork Fire Game, Shooting Game, Silver Gleam, Target Game, Toy Gun, Wild West,
Paul sent this the other day, which I think is a scan of a photocopy of a photocopy of the 1966 catalogue. It clearly backs-up my thoughts on the figures being Lone Star supplied (and 'possibly' Lone Star branded) as they are, but more importantly seems to suggest my memories of red and green ones has some merit too.

And they are bright red and green like the yellow we looked at the other day, they are toys, not 'toy soldiers' and as such were issued in bright, primary colours - I bet some a blue too?

It's hard to tell form the illustration, but it seems they clip to a wooden (or rubber? Plastic?) block with a sturdy wire-rod set along one edge so that the figures (sorry; "Redskin Targets"!) fall backwards when hit by the cork, if you choose to use them rather than the card targets.

We can see at least four poses, a fifth may be behind the card, but I don't think the kneeling one is included, so that probably was my imagination!

2 comments:

Stephen H said...

Hi, thanks for the great page, I am fairly new in collecting so I am catching up, I have 6 different poses (4 red and 2 Yellow) one of the yellow figures is kneeling, firing a bow. Stephen

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Steven, I've got to do a follow-up on these as one or two have come in now, giving all poses and proving both colours seem to have been used for all six, with their target scores, but they are all over the place at the moment, and it may be a year or so before I can do that!

H