About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

B is for Blind-Box Buccaneers

Peter Evans either sent me these in January, or put them in the big-bags at PW in may, I can't remember, but either way; kind of him, and while deforms are even less of a 'my thing' than resin [ . . . used to be!], they are toys, they are figures and they are pirates, so Spin Master - Blind Boxes!

Adult Collectible; Blind Box; Captain Jack Sparrow; Collectible Figurines; Davy Jones; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy Figurines; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spin Master; Talk Like A Pirate;
Like blind-bags, except they are in a box! I'm not sure if they are still in the shops but there are always a few on feebleBay, blind or opened. Obviously tied directly into the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise from Disney.

Adult Collectible; Blind Box; Captain Jack Sparrow; Collectible Figurines; Davy Jones; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy Figurines; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spin Master; Talk Like A Pirate;
I'm guessing the gold one is a less common / limited edition thing? But the Skullopus Squidington is brilliant, he would make an excellent additional piece for fantasy role-play gaming, as a daemon of some sort, and while I'm sure the Nottingham Mafia would hate it, I think he could slide (or slither?) into a Tyranid Genestealer army effortlessly?

Adult Collectible; Blind Box; Captain Jack Sparrow; Collectible Figurines; Davy Jones; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy Figurines; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spin Master; Talk Like A Pirate;
Can't say much else about them, if deforms are your thing you probably already know more than I ever will! Cheers Peter - loving ol' purple eyes!

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

Arrr, mate. Not a bad showing of booty you have here.

Hugh Walter said...

It's mad Jan!

I was in Basingrad yesterday and bought four pirates . . . the day after ITLAPD, then a parcel came from Peter Evans this morning with pirates! I already have the makings of the first four posts to publish in 364 days time!

Mad I tells yah!

H