About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

C is for Chromoplasts from the Landi of Xilo!

Like the earlier Morestone post - no more than a box-ticker, but relatively uncommon. I believe these are actually Cromoplasto (no 'h') from the Landi stable, but I don't think they ever got the later plug-in/separate-based Xiloplasto re-issue as the combat infantry did?

54mm Figures; Aliens; Chromoplast; Cromoplast; Italian Space Toys; Italian Toy Figures; Italian Toy Soldiers; Italian Toys; Landi; Made In Italy; PVC Toy Soldiers; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Selenites; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Toy Aliens; Toy Spaceman; Xilo; Xiloplasto;
Really fanciful 'Ming The Merciless' type 1940/50's pulp figures these; with a bit of the Lido bird-men about them (The Reamsa ones would have been contemporary?) and garishly painted in metallic-red and blue with a flat, gloss yellow on silver PVC.

54mm Figures; Aliens; Chromoplast; Cromoplast; Italian Space Toys; Italian Toy Figures; Italian Toy Soldiers; Italian Toys; Landi; Made In Italy; PVC Toy Soldiers; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Selenites; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Toy Aliens; Toy Spaceman; Xilo; Xiloplasto;
I know of two other poses (same painting), and there may well be more out there? These are flat'ish - not so flat they could be considered semi-flats, but they lack a depth and are sculpted very-much in one plane if you know what I mean . . . I like them!

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

What a wonderful background image you have here. Very appropriate!

Hugh Walter said...

It came with the 'Paint Your Own' fantasy set from The Works last Christmas Jan, I have started building a little 'supply' of backdrops so the Blog doesn't get too 'samey'!

H