About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

F is for Follow-up to Frog's Fissile Flyer Fellows

When I got those three Frog Bloodhound Missile crew a year or so ago [exactly a year ago - as he checks the link!], I said we'd seen the missing figure on the Blog (I don't think we had - I can't find him) and that it was a coincidence that the one not in the recent purchase was in storage.

60mm Toy Soldiers; Frog Bloodhound Missile; Frog Missile Crew; Frog Model Kits; Frog Penguin; Missile Troops; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Poplar Plastics; Poplar Playthings; Poplar Products; RAF Regiment; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Thomas Toys; Toy Air Force Figure; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
Turns-out I had two in storage the missing one and a rather grubby 'look to the skies' dude who must have come from a rummage tray at that last Birmingham show judging by the state of him and the fact that I'd forgotten I had him!

60mm Toy Soldiers; Frog Bloodhound Missile; Frog Missile Crew; Frog Model Kits; Frog Penguin; Missile Troops; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Poplar Plastics; Poplar Playthings; Poplar Products; RAF Regiment; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Thomas Toys; Toy Air Force Figure; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
They look like Warmington's finest; Captain Mainwaring and the others, in the village square looking up at the German pilot stuck on the clock tower! From the left Cpt. M himself, Sgt. 'Uncle Frank' Wilson, Frazier and Private 'Can I have the Tommy-gun now, it's my turn!?' Pike.

Anyway, it means that as well as these four I have a spare, if you need the grubby one (it's fine under the dirt!) and are planning on being at the Sandown Park toy fair next weekend, eMail me in the week with an offer of a suitable swap (figure/s, vehicle/s, scenics - whatever) to the [your] perceived value and it's yours without cash changing hands!

No comments: