About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

V is for Villainous Venturer's New Version!

Remember the trio of small pirates we looked at in ITLAPD a few years ago, which I then found a Halsall-branded packaging (now HTI) shot of, on my old 'phone, for last year? Well, I found the even-older donors in storage!

35mm Figurines; 35mm Pirates; Halsall Haswell Toys; HTI; HTI Toys; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Ship; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Bank;
These are they, the top three are the poses we've seen before here, the lower trio are 'new to Blog', colourful, around 35mm and a soft vinyl-like polymer.

35mm Figurines; 35mm Pirates; Halsall Haswell Toys; HTI; HTI Toys; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Ship; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Bank;
They too (mentioned in the last post) have things in common with the Tiger/Strawberry Group stuff from the 1990's, credited to Supreme, but that doesn't mean I'm saying they are SP Toys, just that they are of that era/oeuvre, not least that Halsall carried the smaller copies and also carry copies of Supreme knights!

On the right of the clone-pairs are the Halsall copies and you can see they are a bit smaller and thinner all-round, (classic bad-pantographing), but follow the paint-scheme closely, apart from the base-wash. In cases like this they are as likely to be contracted by the originator of the donors as they are to be illegal copies, but again; I'm not saying that's the case, there's no evidence, either way.

35mm Figurines; 35mm Pirates; Halsall Haswell Toys; HTI; HTI Toys; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Day; Pirate Ship; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Bank;
They are scaled to go quite well with the Toy Bank vessel Peter Evans sent to the Blog last Christmas, after I had shelfied it; too tight to buy one!

Incidentally, there is a similar vessel appearing on feebleBay and Amazon at the moment, with two 54/60mm pirates, there are several deals, all 'buy it now', at least one direct from China, the others apparently UK clearance/wholesale type eBayers/sellers and all between 5.99 and 10-quid odd, well worth a look, I was tempted and they may be here for next year's ITLAPD!

No comments: