About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A is for Archive - House of Miniatures

These are from a little fold-up flyer sent out to customers of House of Miniatures and may be useful for your archives, they aren't the best quality, but they are modern copies taken from early/rudimentary photocopies (1950's Xerox or Roneo's?) and were very pale, so I've had to play with the contrast.

0812; 0829; Cuttings; Disney; Disney Film; Ephemera; Famous Comic Figures; Marx Army Men; Marx Disney; Marx Figures; Marx Put Together Figures; Marx Toy Soldiers; Marx Toys; Plastic Figure; Plastic Figurine; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; T152; T154; Walt Disney Figures;
Large-scale Disney's

0812; 0829; Cuttings; Disney; Disney Film; Ephemera; Famous Comic Figures; Marx Army Men; Marx Disney; Marx Figures; Marx Put Together Figures; Marx Toy Soldiers; Marx Toys; Plastic Figure; Plastic Figurine; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; T152; T154; Walt Disney Figures;
'Swoppet' Guards and Cowboys

The reference to Fusiliers may be accurate, I don't know when they went over to khaki ( 2 Dress) and 'Blues' ( 1 Dress) to match the rest of the infantry, but certainly the Guards 'Scarlet and Bearskin' was the parade uniform/ceremonial dress of fusiliers for the later period of the Victorian or Edwardian eras (indeed - I think they fought in it, in the Crimea?), which in 1950 were era's closer to the toy-maker than post-post-modern 2018!

No comments: