About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

D is for Dinosuars 2 of 2 - Regent Products Corp.

We've seen these before as a contribution from Brian B, but he very kindly sent me my own sealed set to open for the blog, which is what I did!

60171; Capsule Toy; Capsule Toy Dinosaurs; Capsule Toys; Chinasaurs; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur In Egg; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Set; Dinosaurs; Made in China; Regent Products Corp; River Grove Illinois; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Blind Bag; Random Choice
The same four capsules in the same four colours,
branded to Regent, Illinois out of Quindao, China.

60171; Capsule Toy; Capsule Toy Dinosaurs; Capsule Toys; Chinasaurs; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur In Egg; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Set; Dinosaurs; Made in China; Regent Products Corp; River Grove Illinois; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Blind Bag; Random Choice
Last time I wondered out loud how they might be distributed, given the listing wasn't divisible by four, the answer is; randomly! No duplicates with Mr. B's four; but a duplicate within the pack, along with a mammal!

60171; Capsule Toy; Capsule Toy Dinosaurs; Capsule Toys; Chinasaurs; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur In Egg; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Set; Dinosaurs; Made in China; Regent Products Corp; River Grove Illinois; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Blind Bag; Random Choice
Now there is a way of calculating how many 'things' you need to buy to find all of a random sample, but A) I can't recall the formula, and B) it was a one-of-so-many formula, not an in-fours-of-so-many, so I don't know how to calculate it, but assuming a totally random distribution of the 16 listed poses, I recon maybe six or eight packs?

Tries to work it out in his head . . . we have one duplicate in 8 eggs, so 16 eggs may be assumed to have two duplicates, so a fifth pack must be bought, but we know from the two packs so far opened that there's a 50/50 chance of another duplicate, so you should (technically) need six packs (24 eggs) to [theoretically] find the 16 sculpts?

As they are stumpy-legged micro-erasers, you wouldn't want to, so it's a purely mental exercise, but I needed some sort of blurb for what is a duplicate post!

Thank you again Mr. Berke!

No comments: