About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

R is for Return to Roman Raiders

Another follow-up; they were a box-ticker last time, so this will try to be briefer! I brought my few Cherilea 60mm Romans together from the storage lot with that larger bunch I 'scored' on evilbay a while back, and took a few shots of the result.

One For The Family Album, British; Cherilea 60mm Romans; Cherilea 60mm Soldiers; Cherilea Plastic Soldiers; Cherilea Toy Soldiers; Old Toy Soldiers; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Roman Auxiliaries; Roman Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Figurines; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Figures;
One for the family album!

Rome on tour circa 200AD! I've still only got one good standing ready chap (a couple of damaged ones I didn't include), but that's OK as he makes a good boss-type! And the blue standard bearer might find himself in the conversion pile one day if I ever get round to modelling again.

Base Types, British; Cherilea 60mm Romans; Cherilea 60mm Soldiers; Cherilea Plastic Soldiers; Cherilea Toy Soldiers; Old Toy Soldiers; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Roman Auxiliaries; Roman Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Figurines; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Figures;
Base Types

I don't think there's any change from last time and they weren’t easy to shoot so I've stopped it down, but none of the Cherilea 'wax seal' type marks you see on the WWII or Roundheads have turned-up . . . yet?

From The Rear, British; Cherilea 60mm Romans; Cherilea 60mm Soldiers; Cherilea Plastic Soldiers; Cherilea Toy Soldiers; Old Toy Soldiers; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Roman Auxiliaries; Roman Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Figurines; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Figures;
From the Rear

They aren't bad really, but you can't make a decent line or maniple from them so 'skirmishing' rather than 'following the numbers', especially with the axes to the fore!

Bit before my time, but back in the day these must have looked wonderful to small boys - all laid-out or lined-up, on a glass shelf, with fresh paint?

No comments: