About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

WHS is for Flying Tiger!

We last saw this in another colour-way, from WHSmith's, it's now turned-up in a set in Tiger, who have renamed themselves Flying Tiger. However the set's mini 'sandwich-box' container is identical to those used by both WHSmith and The Works, so they could turn-up anywhere, being obviously a 'jobbed' generic from some importer or wholesaler and it's getting harder to tell when you're looking at Iwako originals or when you're looking at copies?

Automatic Pistol; Binoculars; Browning .45 Auto.; Eraser Pistol; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Erasers; Flying Tiger; Iwako; Pencil Earsers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Erasers; Rubber Tank Model; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stationary; Tank Model; Tank Toy; The Works; Tiger Stores; WHSmith;
Set with contents; it's as close to 'war toys' as some companies will go these-days, brightly coloured rubber tank, reasonable rendition of a Browning Auto' .45 pistol and a pair of binoculars, or should that be a set of binoculars, a pair (when they are already 'Bi-') would suggest two whole units (four eye-pieces) surly?!

Automatic Pistol; Binoculars; Browning .45 Auto.; Eraser Pistol; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Erasers; Flying Tiger; Iwako; Pencil Earsers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Erasers; Rubber Tank Model; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stationary; Tank Model; Tank Toy; The Works; Tiger Stores; WHSmith;
Seen before, and I have now got three! Two in WHS colours and this one, a whole squadron under Terry Wise's rules I think! I do have a bunch more erasers in the queue but they will be amiable posts over Christmas - if I remember!

No comments: