About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Y is for Yes . . . I'm Clearing Odd's From Picasa Again!

Little Tykes polymer Little People - eat your hearts out! I Shot this back in July and when I found it I couldn't believe he was still around, almost certainly our first toy figure, he was one of a pair, and may have been preceded as THE first by an equally wooden stacking guardsman on a pole, but I think this came earlier?

Baby Toy Novelty; Infant Toy; My First Toy Figure; Novelty Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Figurine; Wooden Car Toy; Wooden Figure; Wooden Novelty; Wooden Toy;
When I found him in the garage he was time/sun-faded and mouldy, but a dip in that Barentine wood-treatment and he's almost back to his old self, maybe not quite as green ('army-man' green!) as I remember!

He was one of two, I seem to recall, one behind the other in a big chunk of wood shaped like a racing wedge, open-topped with four large wooden wheels, we loved it when we were very young (3-5 maybe?) and would push it round the house until we banged our heads on something and settled down to a quieter pastime for the afternoon, or . . . got a bollocking for ramming it into some 'so called' valuable piece of 'grown-ups' furniture!

I'll call him Guy, and he can go in the 'Unknown Wood & Other Materials' box. What do you mean "Where's the other shots?"; he's turned on a lathe - this is ALL the shots, his arse really is his elbow!

No comments: