About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, November 24, 2018

A is for Archive - K is for Kibri

Looking at a quick scan from the 1977-78 Kibri catalogue, it only has the one page of figures but is interesting nevertheless for being/showing the cross-over between earlier and later figure types.
 
HO - OO; HO - OO Farm Models; HO - OO Figures; HO Scale Model Railroad Accessories; HO-Gauge; HO-Guage; HO-OO; Kibri 20mm Animals; Kibri 20mm Figures; Kibri 6510; Kibri 6520; Kibri 6530; Kibri 6540; Kibri 6545; Kibri 6550; Kibri 6560; Kibri 6620; Kibri 6630; Kibri HO - OO Figures; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Toys; OO-Gauge; Plastic Figurines; Railroad Accessories; Railroad Stuff; Railway Models; Railway Passengers; Railway Scenics; Railway Staff; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toys;
The first three sets are the 20mm semi-flats (copied in Hong Kong) we saw here at Small Scale World a while ago, the fourth (6540) a combination of the first two - which may explain why there are more piracies of them than the poses in set 6530 - there were more available to find TO copy?
 
The next three sets (6545, -50 and -60) are true HO; 19mm figures, in sculpting similar to Preiser but in execution more like Roco - unpainted (or at least I think mine are unpainted; a light-sand or fawn styrene), while the two sets of animals appear to be fully painted in the style of Preiser or Merten.
 
They were of course all replaced by the funny little over-mould figures I sent to Plastic Warrior magazine's little brother; One Inch Warrior years ago and which re-appeared in PW itself a while ago. One way or another I think I have most of them, but before finding the carded set of semi-flats last year, and digging this out the other day, I hadn't made all the connections so they are in at least four different places.
 
Kibri's 1990 catalogues had workmen as good as current Preiser, with some of the vehicles listed at the back of the catalogue, which I may also have somewhere, so when I've dug them all out and brought them all together we'll have a proper 15/20 image look at them in depth, with the HK copies again; but all of them!

No comments: