About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

A is for Astrobauble!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Astrobauble! How cool is this . . . to cool for space-school, more right than the right stuff, glitterier than Ru Paul's stage make-up at Mardi Gras, bluer than a video of your parents - naked! It's a blow-moulded astronaut Christmas tree bauble, in the shape of an astronaut and it's yours for £1.50 if you get down to Primark!

Astronaut; Bauble; Blow Mould; Blow Moulded Toy; Christmas Bauble; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figures; Primark Astronaut; Primark Spaceman; Primark Tree Hanger; Small Scale World; Spaceman; Tree Decoration; Tree Hanger;
I'm not normally a fan of plastic baubles pretending to be blown-glass, and he won't be going on the tree, but he was never going on the tree, plastic figures go in the plastic figure collection! Although he is very well done for a polymer lookie-likie! I'll take the hook-eye, crown-finial and stuff off and block the hole with one of those black-plastic particle-board hole-sealers, and Bingo! A stand alone, plastic astronaut, about 120mm in a rather leery space-suit!

Astronaut; Bauble; Blow Mould; Blow Moulded Toy; Christmas Bauble; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figures; Primark Astronaut; Primark Spaceman; Primark Tree Hanger; Small Scale World; Spaceman; Tree Decoration; Tree Hanger;
We will have a few Christmas posts a bit earlier this year so that if the items tickle your fancy you can seek them out. I bought this about two weeks ago in Primark, but checked when I was over there on Wednesday and they still had plenty of them, Astrobaubles for a quid--fifty . . . bargain!

No comments: