About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

C is for Carded Cartoon Characters for Concourse and Carriage!

I can't remember if we looked at these properly or in passing as part of a show report, but I know Peter Evans gave me some at PW's show earlier this year, while I added a few I had here, I've now added the card from storage, but was sure I had some lose figures in storage too, and I haven't found them yet, so there may be another few somewhere, however - the card is the important bit . . .

Baggage Trolly; Based On; Carded Rack Toy; Carded Railway Flats; Carded Toy; Empire Made; Flat Figures; Flats - Civilian; Hans Wettig; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Piracy; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; Lead HO Figures; Märklin; Märklin 0203; Märklin Set 0201; Made in Hong Kong; Railroad Accessories; Railroad Stuff; Railway Models; Railway Passengers; Railway Staff; Refreshment Trolly; Scaled-up; Schiffmann 12; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
. . . as it adds two poses to whatever we looked at whenever we did/didn't last look at them!

So; the full breakdown is five staff members, and five passengers, semi-flat, Hong Kong and around 25mm. I think I have a spare of the green chap elsewhere as well, due to his looking like a meant-to-be fully-round figure, if/when found on his own!

Baggage Trolly; Based On; Carded Rack Toy; Carded Railway Flats; Carded Toy; Empire Made; Flat Figures; Flats - Civilian; Hans Wettig; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Piracy; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; Lead HO Figures; Märklin; Märklin 0203; Märklin Set 0201; Made in Hong Kong; Railroad Accessories; Railroad Stuff; Railway Models; Railway Passengers; Railway Staff; Refreshment Trolly; Scaled-up; Schiffmann 12; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Based on/scaled-up from the old lead HO figures from Märklin (via Hans Wettig?), specifically set 0201 and limited to the ten poses from that set - There were two other sets in the Märklin catalogue, a forth in Schiffmann 12 (under Wettig) and the unknown set we looked at here, none of which have turned-up, scaled-up in hard Hong Kong polymer, although the rail-maintenance set (0203) were pirated in soft polyethylene, same size.

Baggage Trolly; Based On; Carded Rack Toy; Carded Railway Flats; Carded Toy; Empire Made; Flat Figures; Flats - Civilian; Hans Wettig; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Piracy; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; Lead HO Figures; Märklin; Märklin 0203; Märklin Set 0201; Made in Hong Kong; Railroad Accessories; Railroad Stuff; Railway Models; Railway Passengers; Railway Staff; Refreshment Trolly; Scaled-up; Schiffmann 12; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Close-up of the fat lady (she hasn't sung so Small Scale World goes on!) and a member of the rail staff from the era when A) there were rail staff to find on the platform and B) having been found they were happy to oblige!

No comments: